Friday 31 May 2013

Jude my Driver

I am very lucky to have my own driver here in India - to some extent it is needed because the quality of driving falls short of what we might expect in the UK.  Overtaking on blind corners, uphill in fourth gear appears the norm!

Jude is my driver, he is a local man who has lived in Coonor for 40 years.  He is a devout Roman Catholic and this is a picture of him standing outside his church - St Anthony's.

Jude drives me to and from work and is a bit of a mover and shaker, helping me to resolve issues with the phone line, getting shoes repaired or showing me the sights of Coonoor and the surrounding countryside.

He is also the gardener, although admits to being not too good so is keen to learn a bit from me (and my mum when I don't know the answers!).  I will post some pictures of the garden soon as it is looking quite nice at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment